Collaboration is key at Backpacker venue
We have been working with a backpacker organisation in Brisbane CBD for some months, which is now reaching its nightly capacity accommodating the homeless and vulnerable who have been placed there through a number of homelessness support services.
Whilst guests have a shelter and bed for the night, there has been no supporting services to assist in helping them.
Norm has been looking to change this through collaboration with a number of amazing services to start bringing value added services to help guests to repair their quality of life.
- Meals through our friends at Community Canteen
- Legal Clinic through our friends Ernesto Gutierrez and Optimum Legal Solutions Pty Ltd
- Workshops (Resin Jewellery – Timber Heart Creations) and coming soon a Website building through WordPress workshop.
- Flu Vaccinations through our friends at The VacSeen Project
- Addiction support through our friends Drug ARM
- A weekly Medical Clinic starting soon through our friends The VacSeen Project
- Supported Disability Accommodation through our friends at Sandpiper Care
Soon we hope to add:
- New clothing supported by our friends at Thread Together
- Laundry supported through our friends Orange Sky Australia
Beddown has supported the accommodation of many guests and soon will look to be onsite to connect and engage with guests through our amazing volunteers. Stay tuned for more information about weekend volunteer shifts in the future.
A big shout out to collaboration and those that support us, thank you.
There is still lots to be done here to help those that need it the most.
Comments are closed.